Radiant Twin Alternating Series
How the Radiant Twin Alternating System softens water:
Hard water passes through the media tank that contains resin beads coated with sodium ions. The calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium (or potassium) ions, thus softening the water. When the beads have trapped the hardness and need to be regenerated, the Hi-Flow’s control valve charges them with the brine from the brine tank.
As regeneration occurs, calcium and magnesium (hardness) ions are freed from the beads, replaced with sodium or potassium ions; and the system is ready to soften water again.
Brine tank performance insurance
All Radiant water softeners include a salt grid which virtually prevents salt bridging.
D.I.R. - Demand Initiated Regeneration
Save water and up to 40% in salt usage by adding meter-controlled regeneration to your unit.
Radiant Twin Alternating Control Valve features:
- Alternating twin mineral tanks
- 24-Hour soft water
- Meter (D.I.R.) initiated regeneration
- System flow rates to 16 gpm
- Regenerates immediately when needed for continuous soft water
- Corrosion-free fiber-reinforced polymer valve body
- Salt and water savings by using 100% capacity of the tank in service, before switching to the second tank